BCCI’s Big Announcement: Indian players playing against South Africa will have to undergo a fitness test, India’s IPL 2022 (IPL 2022) stars may be fit and all guns blazing in IPL 2022, but BCCI wants that They prove fitness.
The Fitness Test in NCA Till June 5:-
The Indian board has asked the KL Rahul-led team to appear for a fitness test at the NCA by June 5 ahead of the five-match T20I series against South Africa.
“All the players will have to gather for a fitness camp at the NCA for the South Africa series.
This is important because many of them are swallowed. Harshal is still getting stitches and we want to make sure everything is fine.
The 18-member Indian team will now assemble at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru on or before June 5, after their IPL 2022 duties.
NCA director VVS Laxman will oversee the proceedings and undergo a mandatory fitness test.
From Bengaluru, they will travel to Delhi on June 7 for the first T20I on June 9. Rahul Dravid will accompany the team for the South Africa series.
Indian Team for SA T20:-
- The 18-member team will join the NCA by June 5 after completing the IPL duties.
- They will undergo a fitness camp under the supervision of VVS Laxman and physio Nitin Patel.
- After a short camp, they will fly to Delhi on 7th June before the first match on 9th June.
- Rahul Dravid is likely to be available for the entire South Africa series.
- The red-ball team will leave for England except for KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant. He will join the team in England after the South Africa series.
Rahul Dravid is likely to be available for the entire series:-
However, it is still unclear whether he will be available for the entire five-match series against South Africa.
Rahul Dravid was in favor of being available for the entire South Africa series and then joining the squad in England on 21 June before the red-ball warm-up match.
“Rahul wants to be available for the South Africa series. The idea was that he would travel with the England team and Laxman would lead the South Africa series.
But Rahul wants to see everything before going to England. We still have a few days to go and the itinerary should be clear in the next few days.