IND vs AUS Test: Jasprit Bumrah Injury Update – Jasprit Bumrah is desperate to make a comeback into the India squad for the upcoming India vs Australia Test series. The speedster was seen bowling in the nets as he aims to regain his full fitness for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy. Bumrah, recovering from a back injury, bowled Venkatesh Iyer in the nets.
Bumrah Injury Update – Fans Eagerly Waiting For Bumrah To Return And Take The Cricket World By Storm
Iyer posted a video on social media in which he was seen facing Bumrah’s bowling. The Indian team and fans are eagerly waiting for Bumrah to return and take the cricketing world by storm. Still far from achieving 100% fitness, Bumrah will continue his rehabilitation before going to the National Cricket Academy for a fitness test. If he passes the test, he will play at home before returning to the India team during the Australia series. It is to be noted that Bumrah has not been included in the squad for the first two Tests.
Ahead of India vs New Zealand 2nd ODI, India’s current bowling coach Paras Mhambrey was all praise for Bumrah.
“Bumrah is a unique bowler. Let’s accept the fact that the kind of skill he brings is very difficult to replicate. It is also an opportunity for other bowlers as you will be tested in different conditions. This will help us understand what he brings to the game, what phases he bowls and how he does it. One-to-one discussions are being held with them. It is a continuous process,” said India’s bowling coach Paras Mhambrey.
He needs 2 more weeks of rehab before returning to competitive cricket
Earlier, Bumrah resumed his bowling in NCA. But then he complained of stiffness in his back and was later asked to continue his recovery. “He is making progress but he is far from 100%. He needs 2 more weeks of rehab before he can return to competitive cricket. If all goes well, he might play at home before returning to the Test series. But It depends on the selectors and their position.
With the World Cup just 10 months away at home, the BCCI is not taking any chances with Bumrah
“We cannot take any chances when it comes to players getting injured. We have already paid the price for a hasty comeback and he missed the T20 World Cup. He will only come back when he is fully fit as he is vital to our plans for the World Cup. As far as domestic is concerned, it is a good practice ground for all cricketers before going directly to international cricket.
Jasprit Bumrah Injury Timeline
- Following the England tour, Bumrah complained of a back problem.
- It was later found that his back injury had resurfaced.
- Bumrah missed the West Indies tour and Asia Cup 2022.
- However, the selectors and the NCA rushed his return ahead of T20 WC.
- After bowling just 6 overs against Australia, he was ruled out of not only the entire series but also South Africa and T20 World Cup.
- After nearly 5 months of rehab, Bumrah was named for the ODI series against Sri Lanka.
- But as he complained about a stiff back, he was pulled out of the squad.
- Selectors have not named him for the NZ and Australia (first 2 matches) series either.
- Bumrah is currently continuing with his rehab.
- He needs a further 2 weeks of rehab before returning to competitive cricket.
- If he achieves full fitness in the next weeks, he will follow Ravindra Jadeja in Ranji Trophy.
- If he recovers in time, Bumrah might find his name on the 3rd Test match at Dharamsala.