PAK vs WI ODIs: Pakistan Captain Babar Azam Broke This Big Record Of Virat Kohli, Babar Azam Records is currently running in excellent form. On Wednesday, he scored a second hat-trick of centuries to break the record held by Virat Kohli.
The captain became the captain to score 1000 runs
He became the fastest captain to score 1000 runs as a captain in Pakistan. Virat Kohli holds the record for the fastest to reach 1000 runs as a captain in ODIs.
Kohli had made this big record in his name in 17 innings. But Babar Azam broke the record with a brilliant inning of 103 runs against the West Indies in the first ODI on Wednesday. He achieved this feat in just 13 innings.
He never played a risky shot
Babar Azam was once again seen in his best style on Wednesday. Although he started slowly, he never played a risky shot until the ball when he was dismissed.
He kept the heat on the bowlers with nine boundaries and completed his 17th ODI century in 103 balls.
PAK vs WI ODIs: His hat-trick of centuries also put him miles above the rest. He became the first batsman in ODI history to score a hat-trick of centuries on two occasions. Virat Kohli also does not have a record.
Babar, 27, scored two centuries against Australia before Wednesday’s match and also scored three consecutive centuries against West Indies in 2016.
Virat Kohli vs Babar Azam
- Babar Azam scored his 17th ODI century in 86 matches, while Kohli scored 43 off 260.
- Babar Azam became the fastest player to score 1000 runs as captain in just 13 innings.
- Kohli holds the record for achieving the milestone in 17 innings.
- Virat Kohli’s ODI average is 58.07 while Babar Azam’s average is 59.78.
- Babar Azam has scored a hat-trick of centuries twice.
Babar Azam in last 5 ODIs:-
- 158 vs England in Birmingham.
- 57 vs Australia in Lahore.
- 114 vs Australia in Lahore.
- 105* vs Australia in Lahore
- 103 vs West Indies in Multan.