Indian Premier League 2021 – CHE vs BLR 19th T20 – Chennai vs Bangalore at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Fantasy Preview –
Chennai Super Kings’ resurgence has become the story of the season so far. MS Dhoni’s CSK arrived at the back of very little game time in the off-season for most of their players, and at the risk of another year of mediocrity after finishing seventh last year. That premonition has quickly been vanquished as CSK have galloped to three wins in four games at the Wankhede, a venue they were expected to struggle in.
RCB also appear to have found a fix for a long-standing issue. They may have denied CSK their first-choice spin-allrounder Glenn Maxwell with a bid of INR 14.25 Cr, but the man behind sorting out RCB’s death bowling woes has been the traded-in Harshal Patel. Not having to bowl at the unforgiving Chinnaswamy has made a big difference, but Harshal’s wicket-taking knack has put them at the top of the bowling charts in the death overs. RCB have 20 wickets at the death, at an economy rate of 8.00 and a strike-rate of 6. No team has bettered them in any of the three departments. As for the tally, MI are a distant second with 12 wickets in that phase.
Pitch Report –
The last league game at Wankhede also happens to be the first 3:30 PM start there. In the first eight games at the venue, teams batting second have won five times. But that trend could go out of the window due to the change in match timings. This is likely to end up being a ‘good toss to lose’.
- Bat 1st Ave Score – 165
- Bat 1st Winning Chances – 34.04
- Highest Score Chased – 228
- Wicket Split – PACE – 72.42 / SPIN – 27.58
Head 2 Head –
- CSK have won 16, RCB 9, of the 26 matches played between the two sides.
- In the last three years where CSK won 4 matches and BLR won 2 matches out of 6 matches total.
- Team-wise, RCB have featured in one afternoon game (in Chennai) where they batted first and smashed 204/4 in a 38-run win over KKR. Sunday’s game will be CSK’s first 3:30 PM fixture.
- There are no reported injuries at the moment. Jason Behrendorff, Josh Hazlewood’s replacement, is currently in isolation since arriving on April 18. He should be available for selection from CSK’s next fixture – against SRH on April 28.
- RCB too has a clean bill of health, with Daniel Sams joining their bio-bubble since recovering from COVID-19.
Recent Top Performer –
- CSK – Faf du Plessis – R-212, Ave – 70.67
- CSK – D Chahar – W-8, Ave – 17.5
- BLR – AB de Villiers – R-181, Ave – 60.33
- BLR – H Patel – W-12, Ave – 9.67
Match-ups – Detailed
- Where Dhoni uses Ravindra Jadeja with the ball could have a bearing on how the game goes. The left-arm spinner has a fine record against Kohli – he has conceded 123 runs in 113 balls bowled to the RCB skipper, dismissing him thrice. Jadeja has also got the better of Glenn Maxwell on four occasions, giving away just 35 runs in the 30 deliveries bowled to him.
- With two wickets in four games, Yuzvendra Chahal is yet to hit the ground running this season. This fixture would be perfect for him to rekindle his old self through the middle-overs, a phase that CSK has aced with the bat this year. Chahal has picked 12 wickets in 11 outings against CSK and sent Suresh Raina packing four times.
Things To Know –
- – With 887 runs in 25 innings, Virat Kohli is the leading run-getter against CSK in IPL
- – With 822 runs in 27 innings, MS Dhoni is the leading run-getter against RCB in IPL
- – Since IPL 2020, Faf du Plessis has scored 613 runs in 17 innings at an average of 47.15 and a strike rate of 142. In this period, only Shikhar Dhawan has scored more runs among batsmen with a 40-plus average and 140-plus strike rate.
Probable Playing XI –
CSK – Ruturaj Gaikwad, Faf du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni, Sam Curran, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Lungi Ngidi
BLR – Devdutt Padikkal, Virat Kohli, Shahbaz Ahmed, Glenn Maxwell, AB de Villiers, Washington Sundar, Kyle Jamieson, Daniel Sams/Kane Richardson, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal
|BabaCric Expert Dream11 Team|
Pre Analyzed Dream11 Team – CSK vs BLR
- Note – The team may change any time after the toss, if there are any changes please change immediately or you can join us on our official Telegram channel the link given down after the article.
- The team is based on player points with recent player stats also the team is based on real inner sanctum which helps to predict the team better.
- You can change the team if you have any doubt over it also feel free to comment to us.
Team – 1
C & VC Selection –
- C – Faf du Plessis, V Kohli, D Paddikal, G Maxwell, M Ali, S Curran
- VC – R Gaikwad, K Jamieson, S Raina, S Thakur