Indian Premier League 2021 – MI vs CSK 27th T20 – Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi.
Fantasy Preview –
IPL 2021 will be 26 matches old when the tournament’s biggest rivalry plays out in Delhi. The Mumbai Indians v Chennai Super Kings contest has come relatively late in the tournament, allowing both teams a chance of an honest assessment of their credentials. And despite the contrasting forms of the two teams only six months earlier, MS Dhoni’s side seem to have rediscovered the lost mojo.
Mumbai Indians haven’t been outplayed enough for warning alarms to ring. However, they have not even been able to dominate opposition as much as they would like. Their standing, with equal wins and losses, bears an adequate testimony of their scratchiness. However, there is unlikely to be another in the competition to have the bets on their side to end CSK’s winning streak like Mumbai Indians. They are the only team to have had a favourable record against Dhoni’s men, even during the yellow team’s peak.
Pitch Report –
Even as the pitch has played flat in the first few games, it is expected to slow down as the Delhi leg continues. Dew was expected to play a part, according to Dhoni, but wasn’t a factor in CSK’s previous game.
- Bat 1st Average Score – 167
- Bat 1st winning chances – 35.71
- Highest Score Chased – 191
- Wicket Split – PACE – 52.48% / SPIN – 47.52%
Head 2 Head
Both of the teams faced each other 8 times in the last three years
- MI won – 6
- CSK won – 2
- Mumbai Indians haven’t provided an update on injuries or player unavailability.
- CSK – No injuries have been reported by CSK as yet. All players should be available for selection
Top Performers – MI vs CSK
|Suryakumar Yadav||139 runs||27, 54, 36, 33, 91|
|Faf du Plessis||270 runs||86, 69, 136, 55, 65|
|Moeen Ali||148 runs, 4 wickets||22, 41, 130, 102, 60|
|Rohit Sharma||196 runs||20, 84, 63, 46, 58|
|Rahul Chahar||11 wickets||62, 35, 36, 89, 122|
Player Match-Ups – MI vs CSK
- Ravindra Jadeja has managed to keep Rohit Sharma in check, conceding only 71 runs in 72 balls. It won’t be a surprise if the left-arm spinner is called into the bowl in the powerplay against the MI skipper.
- Trent Boult hasn’t been able to provide the early breakthroughs for Mumbai Indians this year, but his contest against the in-form Faf du Plessis could be interesting. The South African has struggled to score against the left arm, in the 36 balls he has faced against Boult, he has scored only 34 runs and been dismissed twice. Jasprit Bumrah too has managed to keep MS Dhoni quiet, conceding only a run-a-ball 56 against the CSK skipper.
Thing to know – MI vs CSK
- CSK spinners this season have the best average and lowest Economy Rate despite playing five games at the Wankhede
- Deepak Chahar is the leading wicket-taker in Powerplay (7) while Rahul Chahar is the leading wicket-taker in the middle overs (11) in IPL 2021.
Probable Playing XI –
Mumbai Indians – Quinton de Kock (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Jayant Yadav, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Rahul Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult
Chennai Super Kings – Faf du Plessis, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni (c/wk), Sam Curran, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Lungi Ngidi/Imran Tahir
|BabaCric Expert Dream11 Team|
Pre Analyzed Dream11 Team – MI vs CSK
- Note – The team may change any time after the toss, if there are any changes please change immediately or you can join us on our official Telegram channel the link given down after the article.
- The team is based on player points with recent player stats also the team is based on real inner sanctum which helps to predict the team better.
- You can change the team if you have any doubt over it also feel free to comment to us.
Team – 1
C & VC Selection –
- C – R Sharma, Q de Kock, Faf du Plessis, R Jadeja, M Ali,
- VC – S Yadav, R Gaikwad, S Curran, S Raina, L Ngidi