Indian Premier League 2021 – MI vs RR 24th T20 match – which is going to be played between Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi.
Mumbai Indians are set to return to the field after a six-day break, and at the back of two consecutive losses, which has left their early campaign on a shaky footing. And even as they are to confront another team – Rajasthan Royals – which at best is as poorly placed, there is little consolation for them. Without the Pandya brothers in form, Mumbai Indians have failed to have the edge over their opponents, and unless they are able to come to terms with the slow nature of wickets in Delhi, their struggle is likely to continue.
For Rajasthan Royals, it’s gotten even worse. With several of their foreign players leaving the tournament, the options at hand are limited. They will have to rely on their young and inexperienced Indian unit to give them a lift from hereon. A clinical performance against Kolkata Knight Riders in their previous game was a much-needed boost but the challenges will be different on the slow-natured wickets of Delhi.
Pitch Report –
Royals pacer, believes the pitch is likely to be flat in the first few games at the venue. However, with the match being an afternoon affair, and dew unlikely to play a part, teams could opt to bat. Heat is also going to play a part with temperature likely to hover around the 40-degree Celcius mark through the course of play.
- Bat 1st average score – 167
- Bat 1st winning chances – 38.46%
- Highest Score Chased – 191
- Wicket Split – PACE – 70% / SPIN – 30%
Top Performances –
- R Sharma – R-201, Ave-40.20
- S Samson – R-187, Ave-46.75
- C Morris – W-9, Ave-18
- R Chahar – W-9, Ave-15.22
Head 2 Head –
In the last three years, both of the teams faced each other 6 times where Rajasthan Royals defeated the defending champions 5 times and MI could only win 1 of them.
- After the injuries to Jofra Archer and Ben Stokes, the Royals have also lost the services of Andrew Tye and Liam Livingstone with the duo opting to leave the bubble. Rassie van der Dussen has joined the team but he is yet to complete his quarantine.
- In the last six matches between the two sides, Jofra Archer had picked 12 wickets at an economy rate of 6.83.
- His absence will leave a big void to fill.
- One of the favorable match-ups RR have is Shreyas Gopal vs Quinton de Kock.
- The leggie has managed to keep the southpaw quiet, conceding only 18 runs in 28 balls.
- If the leggie gets a game, expect him to come into the attack early. There could be a case of Royals adding an extra spinner to their team at the expense of a left-arm pacer.
- Apart from Gopal, KC Cariappa and Mayank Markande are the other options available to them.
- Jasprit Bumrah has had a favorable record against Jos Buttler. In 30 balls, he has conceded 32 runs against him and dismissed him thrice across T20s.
- Both Bumrah and Trent Boult have also managed to keep Sanju Samson relatively quiet, combining to concede only 63 runs in 59 balls and dismissing him 4 times in IPL.
Probable Playing XI –
MI – Quinton de Kock (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Jayant Yadav, Rahul Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult
RR – Jos Buttler, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sanju Samson (c/wk), Shivam Dube, David Miller, Riyan Parag, Rahul Tewatia, Chris Morris, Shreyas Gopal/Jaydev Unadkat, Mustafizur Rahman, Chetan Sakariya
|BabaCric Expert Dream11 Team|
Pre Analyzed Dream11 Team – MI vs RR
- Note – The team may change any time after the toss, if there are any changes please change immediately or you can join us on our official Telegram channel the link given down after the article.
- The team is based on player points with recent player stats also the team is based on real inner sanctum which helps to predict the team better.
- You can change the team if you have any doubt over it also feel free to comment to us.
Team – 1
C & VC Selection –
- C – R Sharma, S Samson, J Buttler, C Morris, Quinton de kcok
- VC – S Yadav, K Pandya, Y Jaiswal, S Dube, J Bumrah