Indian Premier League 2021 – PBKS vs KOL 21st T20 – Punjab Kings vs Kolkata at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
Fantasy Preview –
While there may not be too many changes in the KKR lineup for this game, Morgan is big on match-ups and will be interested in using some of those for his team’s benefit. Gayle has been dismissed five times by Harbhajan Singh, who has an economy of 6 against the left-hander. Will that mean a return to the eleven for the veteran spinner? Meanwhile, he might try to keep Russell off the attack when Gayle is around, given he’s conceded 82 off 46 balls to the Jamiacan. Sunil Narine isn’t the best bet against Rahul, with the Punjab captain having scored 82 off 44 off him. Harbhajan has dismissed Rahul thrice but concedes to him at an economy of 9.
Among the takeaways from the India-England series was that pace was a factor that helped England contain India initially in the series. Considering this, Punjab might think of bringing in Jhye Richardson or Riley Meredith for Fabian Allen, although both the Australian pacers were expensive at the start of this IPL. Meanwhile, Mohammed Shami and Arshdeep Singh have been doing a good job for Punjab, with 12 wickets between them and an economy of 8 or less. Punjab, though, will be wary of the Shami-Russell match-up considering that their lead pacer has conceded 77 runs off 27 balls going up against the KKR allrounder – a batting strike rate of 285.19.
Pitch Report –
India’s 3-2 T20I series win against England included a total as low as 124 and as high as 224, both posted by the hosts. There were three successful chases while 180-plus totals were defended twice, which might be what the teams will be aiming at, with dew also likely to be a factor. Also, Ahmedabad has pitches of both red and black soil variety, with the latter offering variable bounce. The kind of pitch being rolled out might influence the make up of the sides.
- Bat 1st Ave Score – 154
- Bat 1st winning Chances – 50%
- Highest Score Chased – 158
- Wicket Split – PACE – 58.33 / SPIN – 41.67
Head 2 Head –
In the last three years both of the team played 6 matches against each other.
- PBKS won – 2
- KOL won – 4
- PBKS – KL Rahul – R-221, Ave – 55.25
- PBKS – A Singh – W-6, Ave – 20.5
- KOL – N Rana – R-186, Ave – 37.20
- KOL – A Russel – W-7, Ave – 16
Things to know about this match –
- Chris Gayle has the second-best average and the second-best strike rate among the top five run-getters against KKR, all of whom have scored 700 or more. Gayle’s 54 sixes are also the most by a player against KKR.
- Shubman Gill has three half-centuries in five innings against Punjab, having scored 209 runs at an average of 104.50.
- In IPL 2020, Gill had one of the lowest SR among regular openers (123.44) but was dismissed only four times in 14 innings. This season he has started aggressively in a couple of innings but has already been dismissed thrice inside the PP in five innings.
- Sunil Narine has bagged 28 wickets against Punjab – the second most against the side after Umesh Yadav’s 29 wickets. Narine’s 28 wickets have come at an average of 18.18 while he has an economy of 6.97 against Punjab.
Probable Playing XI
PBKS – KL Rahul (c/wk), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Moises Henriques, Shahrukh Khan, Jhye Richardson/Riley Meredith, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Ravi Bishnoi.
KOL – Nitish Rana, Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Eoin Morgan (c), Dinesh Karthik (wk), Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Harbhajan Singh, Varun Chakravarthy, Shivam Mavi
|BabaCric Expert Dream11 Team|
Pre Analyzed Dream11 Team – PBKS vs KOL
- Note – The team may change any time after the toss, if there are any changes please change immediately or you can join us on our official Telegram channel the link given down after the article.
- The team is based on player points with recent player stats also the team is based on real inner sanctum which helps to predict the team better.
- You can change the team if you have any doubt over it also feel free to comment to us.
Team – 1
C & VC Selection –
- C – KL Rahul, M Agrawal, N Rana, S Gill, A Russel
- VC – C Gayle, E Morgan, R Tripathi, D Hooda, M Shami, S Narine