The Indian Premier League (2021 edition) is just around the corner and there is a lot of excitement and expectation among the fans already. Almost two months long tournament has become a landmark event in the calendar year for many who follow cricket across the globe. The IPL promises to be bigger, better and brighter and the lovers of the most lucrative cricketing league in the world want nothing more.
The biggest T20 cricket extravaganza – Indian Premier League will return to India from April 9. After a successful IPL 2020 in the UAE, BCCI brought back the cash-rich league to India despite the spike in COVID-19 cases. The 2021 edition of the league will not be the same as the past years due to the spread of the novel virus but the cricketing standards will remain the same when 8 franchise fought hard in the quest to win the coveted trophy.
Here are the some flavored added of the league may change the dynamics of the Indian Premier League in the 14th edition
- Any team can’t play their matches in the home venue in the IPL 2021. The cash rich league will be held six cities across India Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata.
- The initial matches of the IPL 2021 will be played behind closed doors while the BCCI will take a call an allowing fans at the late stage of the session.
- The 14th edition of the league will also have bio-secure bubble. BCCI will appoint to 4 security with each franchise team who will be the designated Bubble integrity manager. They will be part of the respective tem Bubble and travel with the teams for the entire duration of IPL 2021. Their job will be to report any Bio- secure Environment protocols breaches by members of franchises to Chief Medical Officer.
- In 2021 edition, the third umpire would now have the option to over rule on field umpire’s short run calls.
- All the teams will install- Scalene Hypercharge Corona Canon (Shycocan), a device that has the ability to neutralize 99.9 per cent of the coronavirus that might be floating in the air in closed spaces.
- Families will be allowed to travel to UAE but will have to remain, like players and other staff.
- A new ball will be taken in case it lands into the stand or outside the ground to reduce to risk of spreading virus.
- The general public and media persons will not have access to the bubble facilities as well as stadium for any activities.
Read more: 2021 Indian Premier League