IPL 2023 – Rishabh Pant Health Update: The Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) stands like a rock with Rishabh Pant in times of need. The board is not only taking care of his medical needs but will also look after his business interests. Despite Pant not playing in IPL this year, the board will fully pay his IPL salary of 16 crores from Delhi Capitals. Not only this but the board will also pay him in full his central contract payment of 5 crores. Pant will be away from cricket for almost the next 6 months.
Despite being absent from IPL 2023, Rishabh Pant will get a full salary of 16 crores. And will also pay 5 crores central contract
- Pant is a centrally contracted cricketer and is paid 5 crores per annum
- BCCI will pay this contracted amount in full
- Apart from this, Pant has an IPL contract of 16 crores with Delhi Capitals.
- As he is injured and will not play in IPL. BCCI will take full responsibility for paying his IPL salary in full.
- Significantly, all centrally contracted players are insured. As per BCCI rules, these players are paid in full by the board in case they are ruled out of the IPL due to injury. The insurance company picks up the entire bill, not the franchisee concerned.
Underwent surgery on his knee on Friday evening
The India wicketkeeper and Delhi Capitals captain underwent surgery on his knee on Friday evening. The 25-year-old suffered two tears at his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and medial collateral ligament (MCL).
Rishabh’s operation was done by Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Mumbai. His knee surgery was complicated as it involved both ACL and MCL surgeries.
The ACL crosses the middle of the knee and connects the thigh bone to the shinbone and helps stabilize the knee joint.
The MCL runs from the inner surface of the upper shin bone to the inner surface of the lower thigh bone.
Pant will take at least 4 months to recover from the surgery. He may take another two months to regain full match fitness.