Rajasthan Royals lost their first match against Punjab Kings but RR skipper Sanju Samson made history in their first match in IPL 2021
Sanju Samson becomes the first player in IPL history, who has scored a century in their very first match as a captain and also becomes the second Indians batsman in IPL history, who has scored at least three or more century in the Indian Premier League
Samson had earlier scored a century against Rising Pune Supergiant in 2017 and Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2019.
Chasing the target of 222 scored by Punjab Kings, Samson hit a century with 54 balls with 12 fours and 5 sixes and he is taking his team closer to victory But unfortunately, Rajasthan Royals could not win the match
- Some Interesting things in the match RR vs PBKS
- Sanju Samson became the first batsman to score a century in the first match as captain in the IPL. This is also the first century of this season.
- Sanju Samson’s innings of 119 runs are the best score against Punjab in the IPL.
- This 119-run innings by Sanju Samson is the highest run scored by any Rajasthan Royals batsman.
- Chris Gayle now holds the record for hitting 350 sixes in the IPL.
- Both teams scored over 200 runs. This was the first opening match of the IPL history in which 400 runs were scored.
- In the IPL auction, Jhye Richardson, who was bought by Punjab Kings for a total of 14 crores to be the most expensive bowler, taking 1 wicket for 55 runs in 4 overs.
Most Centuries in IPL
|5||AB de Villiers||170||3|