International Cricket Council (ICC) announced Player of the Month nominations for the month of April 2021
The nomination for best performance for both male and female category across all formats of international cricket.
ICC Men’s Player of the Month for April Nominees:
- Pakistan captain Babar Azam became the No.1 ranked ODI batsman, ending Indian captain Kohli’s long era at the top of the charts.
In the third ODI against South Africa, Babar scored match-winning 94 runs in 82 balls that helped him to gain 13 rating points to reach a career-best 865 points. In the third match of the T20I series against the same opposition, he contributed 122 runs in 59 balls in the successful chase of Pakistan.
- Another Pakistan Cricketer Fakhar Zaman also produced a stunning performance during the month, scoring two centuries in the ODI series victory over South Africa, including a stunning 193 in the second match
- Kushal Bhurtel of Nepal Cricket was the leading run-scorer as his team also won the tri-series featuring the Netherlands and Malaysia and Nepal. His significant contribution with the bat was 278 runs, including four half-centuries in five matches.
ICC Women’s Player of the Month for April Nominees:
- Australian batter Alyssa Healy played three One Day International matches against New Zealand Women, she Scored 155 runs at an average of 51.66 and a strike rate of 98.72. her efforts as the leading run-scorer in Australia’s series win over New Zealand Women.
- Australian bowler Megan Schutt became the leading wicket taker against New Zealand Wome in the same series taking 7 wickets at an average of just 13.14.
- New Zealand bowler Leigh Kasperek played two One Day International matches against Australiai Women and achieving her career best performance of 6 wickets for 46 runs and also three wicket in the final match
ICC Player of the Month voting process:
Every month, three nominees for each category would be decided by the ICC Awards Nominations Committee. These nominations would be based on performances and overall achievements of cricketers during a calendar month.
This nominated shortlist would next be voted for by the autonomous Voting Academy as well as cricket fans across the globe. The Voting Academy would submit their votes by email and will retain a 90% share in the total votes.
ICC Voting Academy for ICC Player of the Month April 2021:
Afghanistan: Hameed Qayoomi and Javed Hamim, Australia: Adam Collins and Lisa Sthalekar, Bangladesh: Tarek Mahmoud and Mohammad Isam, England: Kalika Mehta and Claire Taylor, Ireland: Ian Callender and Isobel Joyce, India: Mona Parthsarathi and VVS Laxman, New Zealand: Mark Geenty and John Wright, Pakistan: Sohail Imran and Ramiz Raja, South Africa: Firdose Moonda and Jonty Rhodes, Sri Lanka: Champika Fernando and Russel Arnold, West Indies: Ian Bishop and Andy Roberts, Zimbabwe: Tristan Holme and Mpumelelo Mbangwa, Others: AKS Satish and Preston Mommsen