International Cricket Council announced the player of the month for the month of March for best performance
The nomination for best performance for both male and female category across all formats of international cricket.
Indian Batsman Rishabh Pant and South Africa’s Shabnim Ismail won the ICC Player of the Month for January 2021
Indian All-rounder Ravichandran Ashwin and England wicketkeeper-batter Tammy Beaumont won the ICC Player of the Month for February 2021
ICC Men’s Player of the Month for March Nominees:
- Afghanistan’s Rashid Khan took 11 wickets as his team won the second Test against Zimbabwe followed by six wickets in a 3–0 T20I win.
- Indian bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar played three ODIs against England where he took 6 wickets with an economy rate of 4.65. He also played five T20 matches against England where he took 4 wickets with an economy rate of 6.38. He was the standout bowler on both sides in the white ball series between India and England.
- Zimbabwean, Sean Williams played two Tests against Afghanistan where he scored a total of 264 runs and took 2 wickets. He also played three T20 matches against him in which he scored 45 runs with a strike rate of 128.57.
ICC Women’s Player of the Month for March Nominees:
- Indian Women bowler Rajeshwari Gayakwad played five ODIs against South Africa and was the leading wicket-taker in the white ball series with South Africa. She took 8 wickets in ODIs with an economy rate of 3.56 and in three T20Is against the same opponent, she took 4 wickets with an economy rate of 4.75.
- South African Player Liezel Lee played four ODIs against India, where she scored a century and two half-centuries and second topped rank batter in the ICC Women’s ODI batting rankings.
- Indian batter Punam Raut played five ODIs against South Africa Women where she scored a total of 263 runs at 87.66 with a strike rate of 71.66. Punam has been India’s top run-scorer in the ODI series against South Africa, scoring one century and two half-centuries in these games.
ICC Player of the Month voting process:
Every month, three nominees for each category would be decided by the ICC Awards Nominations Committee. These nominations would be based on performances and overall achievements of cricketers during a calendar month.
This nominated shortlist would next be voted for by the autonomous Voting Academy as well as cricket fans across the globe. The Voting Academy would submit their votes by email and will retain a 90% share in the total votes.
ICC Voting Academy for ICC Player of the Month January 2021:
Afghanistan: Hameed Qayoomi and Javed Hamim, Australia: Adam Collins and Lisa Sthalekar, Bangladesh: Tarek Mahmoud and Mohammad Isam, England: Kalika Mehta and Claire Taylor, Ireland: Ian Callender and Isobel Joyce, India: Mona Parthsarathi and VVS Laxman, New Zealand: Mark Geenty and John Wright, Pakistan: Sohail Imran and Ramiz Raja, South Africa: Firdose Moonda and Jonty Rhodes, Sri Lanka: Champika Fernando and Russel Arnold, West Indies: Ian Bishop and Andy Roberts, Zimbabwe: Tristan Holme and Mpumelelo Mbangwa, Others: AKS Satish and Preston Mommsen