Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has recovered from concussion and hamstring injury. He is going to be part of the Indian Test Playing XI.
However, The team management will decide either Jadeja replace to make it to the Playing Xi or not.
Team will already be making 4 changes in the XI in absence of Virat Kohli and injured Mohammed Shami.
Jadeja can not replace any of the below spot
- Prithvi Shaw to be replaced by Shubman Gill
- Virat Kohli to be replaced by KL Rahul
- Wriddhiman Saha place will be taken by Rishabh Pant
- Mohammed Shami to be replaced by Mohammed Siraj in the XI
- This means Jadeja will be either replaced by Hanuman Vihari or he will not get picked in the India XI at MCG.
Read More | IND vs AUS: Mohammed Shami ruled out of Test series after suffering fracture during Adelaide Test
Read More | Shaun Marsh hints at international retirement after ‘no phone calls’ from Australian selectors for India Test series
According to the information available with InsideSport, Kohli will address the entire team collectively today in a session initiated by coach Ravi Shastri.
Post the session, Kohli will spend some time with each member of the team individually.
The whole purpose of the exercise is to lift the morale of each and every member of the team. According to the sources close to the team management – in an individual session, Kohli will stress on the role of each individual.