The Indian National Cricket Team under Virat Kohli are set to go through an extremely hectic schedule in 2021 with many new challenges awaiting for them in the new year.
As per the information available with InsideSport, Virat Kohli and Co. will play non-stop cricket throughout 2021.
There is not even a single month in 2021 when Kohli and his boys will be able to rest their limbs. And will be continuously occupied either with international cricket or the Indian Premier League (IPL 2021).
Read More | 5 Batsmen with the most Test runs in 2020
Indian cricket team will play 14 Test Matches, 16 ODIs & 23 T20 internationals from January to December in 2021. This is beside Asia Cup T20 (June), ICC World Cup (October) and IPL 2021.
5 Big Challenges for Team India in 2021
- India is to retain Border-Gavaskar Trophy in 2021. The 4 match series is tied at this stage 1-1. The last two test matches will be played in Sydney and Gabba.
- India is hosting England from January to March. The 4 match test series besides 5T20 / 3ODI’s will be extremely important for India
- This is the place where India will meet their arch-rivals Pakistan after a long time. Besides its own significance, Asia Cup T20 will also be kind of a curtain-raiser for team India before the T20 World Cup in India in October.
- Team India will travel to England for gruelling five-match Test series which will be completed in the span of two months.
- India will host South Africa in October but the bigger challenge for India will be the biggest event of the year i.e T20 World Cup
- Indian cricket team will end 2021 with the tour to South Africa where they will play three Tests and as many T20Is.